Follow these steps to setup an account in Thunderbird 3.
- In Thunderbird, go to Tools and Account Settings.
- Click the Account Actions button and select Add Mail Account.
- Enter your email account details and press Continue.
- At this point Thunderbird 3 will attempt to automatically detect and finalize the configuration for your incoming and outgoing server settings. Let the automatic configuration utility finish then click Edit.
- Edit the following information:
- Change the username to the full email address.
- Incoming Server: mail.netlou-secure.com
- Outgoing Mail server: mail.netlou-secure.com
*Note: Many Internet Providers block mail ports and force you to use them for Outgoing so they can monitor potential spam. If having issues with Outbound then obtain the Outgoing settings from your ISP directly.
- Click Create Account.
- Optional SSL Ports:
- POP: port 995 with encryption SSL
- IMAP: port 993 with encryption SSL
- SMTP: port 465 with encryption SSL